We're looking for a new front-end designer/developer!
Thursday, 2 November 2017, by Kenyons
We are looking for a Designer/Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes into hi-fidelity templates and then on to actual code that will produce the visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
You should have a sound knowledge and a desire to keep up to date with the rapidly evolving world of modern web standards. We are looking for candidates who are able to help us continue our push into the challenges and complexities of the mobile web and beyond.
You will be working on a wide range of projects including eCommerce systems, CRM systems as well as consumer-facing brochure websites.
Please supply clear examples of your best responsive work.
- Designing web/application page templates from initial wireframes
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Great understanding of current UI/UX trends ideally in a website environment
- Strong web design portfolio
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 & CSS3
- Proficient with design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, XD or Sketch
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
Not necessary but nice to have
- Experience with version control tools such as GIT
- Experience with SQL database and its configuration
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Angular or React
- Understanding of server-side programming languages (PHP & .NET)
- WordPress integration and custom WordPress builds
Benefits and Information
Salary - £20000 - £26000 (DOE)
Hours – 37.5 / week (8:30am-5pm)
Holidays – 22 days of paid holiday, plus UK public holidays
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and portfolio to email@example.com